Thursday, October 1, 2009

Welcome Guest Author - Miriam Newman


Welcome guest author, Miriam Newman. She's here to talk about her book, "The King's Daughter!
Steph
****
Born to a dying mother and an ambitious king, Tarabenthia is the last heir to the crown of Alcinia. Yet when the idyll of her childhood ends, she will defy her father for the sake of love, tipping the balance in a world poised on the brink of war and leaving history to judge whether she is heroine or harlot. She will love a famous general, a Northern prince and a man who arrives on her shores with only the clothes on his back. And, always, love of her land and the Goddess she worships will rule her life.
The Story Behind the Book

The King’s Daughter was written on yellow legal pads in a variety of places in Ireland: hotel rooms, pubs, sheep pastures and the ruins of the Rock of Cashel. Widowed, on the run from memories and short of funds, I didn’t have a lap top—yet. That would have to await my return to the U.S.

For many years, I had written poetry, most of it fueled by Irish myths and legends. But I had never been to Ireland. Most of my poems sprang from my reading and stories from a Scotch-Irish grandmother who told me I was fey. Oh, yes, and there’s the part where my mother read me Longfellow’s “A Skeleton in Armor” instead of nursery rhymes, thereby instilling in me a love of men in chain mail.

I had my own knight in shining armor for all too few years. When he died, instead of doing the expected thing, I ran away. To Ireland. To a place I had never seen, to people I had never met and the book that had been there, waiting for me.

Please share it with me.

Part II of The Chronicles of Alcinia – Heart of the Earth – is available at the above locations.

Happy reading!

Miriam Newman
www.miriamnewman.com
www.thedarkcastlelords.com
*********
THE KING’S DAUGHTER – fantasy historical – 8th place Preditors’ & Editors’ Poll – Best Romance Novel of 2008
Winner – Coffee Time Romance Award
Special Mention – Romance Junkies

Link: www.thedarkcastlelords.com/the-kings-daughter.htm

Also available at www.fictionwise.com, www.allromanceebooks.com and www.omni-lit.com

Trailer: www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnoRJ2i98HI

11 comments:

  1. Miriam, your story sounds wonderful. I'm in awe of your imagination. I admire that you took off for Ireland to deal with your grief. Not many people have that sort of courage. I can't wait to read The King's Daughter.

    Carolyn Matkowsky/Cara Marsi
    www.caramarsi.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out of that journey came an epic. Or a "doorstop" as you laughingly called it. I'm so very glad you get to share it with everyone, Miriam. It's definitely worth the read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Emerald Isle was the perfect place to run to. I admire your courage and your ability to channel your emotions in a positive, creative way. I wish you all the best!

    --Adele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miriam, thank you so much for sharing your story. It's very personal and very inspirational. I look forward to reading "The King's Daughter," too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, everyone! Well, I did get very tired of using that manuscript for my doorstop. It was a large ms. and I have a small office. Much better for it to go out into the world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miriam,
    Sometimes running is exactly what we need to do, and we don't realize until much later that we ran to something as well as away from something. I admire your courage in finding a solitary path that led to new and wonderful things. The King's Daughter sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The King's Daughter will be a best seller one of these days. Mark my words! Lovely interview, Miriam.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Susan and Annie. From your lips to God's ear, Susan!

    ReplyDelete