Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What I'm Reading Tuesday



Hi all, I thought I'd share with you what I was reading today. :)

I have to admit I really enjoyed Gail Delaney's "The Phoenix Rebellion, Book 1: Revolution," so much so I wanted to read Book 2, "Outcasts." It's a hard book to put down and I growl every time I have to.

In book 2, Outcasts, Victor is an Areth scientist who is in the Rebellion, having been taken there after the Rebellion broke into his NM compound. (Book 1) Victor was in a coma for several months and after emerging from the coma, he is presenting with two very distinct personalities. One he calls "a demon," the other is more sane and rational. He only finds peace, when Beverly, an empath, is near.

Obviously, the challenge is to figure out what's bothering Victor. It has Dr. Quinn and Dr. Montgomery stumped. I'm to the point where they have given him a neural "neutralizer" to help him suppress "the demon."

One of the features that I've enjoy is my text to speech on my Kindle. I've been listening to the book as I drive to work. I must admit it's a treat! I've always enjoyed a good audio book (however I'm very picky about my audio books) this one is a pleasure to listen to.

Outcasts is a sci-fi/speculative romance and there are my characters that the reader comes to care about. This book appears to focus on the story between Victor and Beverly.

I love the writing. It's easy to picture Delaney's futurtisic world and it moves at a good clip. I'm not done yet, but it is a pleasure to read.

Smiles
Steph

Outcasts is available at Amazon for Kindle, The Sony ebookstore, All Romance Books, Books on Board, and at the Desert Breeze Website.

Here's a link for Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-Rebellion-Book-Two-ebook/dp/B0036FU0ZQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=books&qid=1274803524&sr=1-1

No comments:

Post a Comment