Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Christmas in July: 1.99 contemporary romance - The Faberge Secret #ChristmasinJuly



Enjoy this snippet from my 1.99 Christmas romance, "The Faberge Secret."

BLURB: 

Elise Goodwin operates a heritage museum in Brattleboro, Vermont. Needing to buy some items for her museum, she travels to Boston and acquires a delicious surprise that would excite any curator – a Faberge Egg.
Enter Russian businessman Dimitri Romanov, the true owner of the jewel. He's following a lead hoping to reacquire his stolen egg when he bumps into Elise. He can't hide his attraction to the petite brunette with doe-like eyes.
Dimitri's rival, Gustav Kelch, wants the rare Faberge jewel and will do anything to find it, including destroying Dimitri's life. Can Dimitri keep Elise and his Faberge heirloom safe or will his attraction place their lives in jeopardy?
This excerpt: Dimitri meets Elise's father.

ENJOY THIS EXCERPT: 
Dimitri steeled his spine and met Elise's father's gaze with one full of determination.

"I'm Matthew Goodwin, by the way. Did Elise tell you I'm a retired state trooper?"


"Yes, sir. My cousin, Alexi, is a detective with the St. Petersburg police. I am familiar

with law enforcement. He's been helping me to find the egg I lost."



 "All right, let's say I believe this wild story. Who is the man after Elise?"

"I believe it is my rival, Gustav Kelch. He also owns a shipping company. Ever since we

were children, he has desired to possess that which is mine."

"I'm familiar with that motive. I've worked several cases where the motivation was

jealousy for what another person had. What is a Faberge egg, anyway?"

"A jewel-encased egg. Carl Faberge created several for the Russian Imperial family from

1885 to 1917. Some of these eggs have been passed down through the family to me."

Matthew Goodwin crossed his arms. "All right, say I believe you. Why does Elise feel

she has to go to St. Petersburg with you?"

"The documentation to prove I own the egg is there."


"Elise has always been a nice girl. She's got a good head on her shoulders. I'm very proud

of her, but she's never invited a man to spend Christmas with us. So what kind of man are you? Are you two having an affair?"

"I will not deny that I am attracted to your daughter. As for the type of man I am, I am honest. My business is successful. When we get to St. Petersburg, Alexi and I should be able to stop the men pursing her."

Matthew stared at Dimitri without breaking his gaze. Was he contemplating Dimitri's words? Carefully making a decision? "All right, I'll take you at your word and do what you ask."

"Thank you, sir."

"If you don't mind, I'm going to make some phone calls. You can find Elise in the living room."

Dimitri nodded and left the kitchen. It wouldn't surprise him if her father conducted a background check on him. 

REVIEWS:
4 Stars, Manic Readers
"A satisifying read."

4 Stars, Night Owl Book Reviews
The Faberge Secret is a fast paced, delightful adventure with plenty of love and adventure sprinkled in for spice.
3.5 Stars, Long & Short Reviews

"All this suspense had me flying through the pages so quickly I was able to read the book in one sitting." 


BUY LINKS: 
AMAZON KINDLE :http://amzn.com/B006LTE2ZS
B&N NOOK:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-faberge-secret-stephanie-burkhart/1105070465?ean=2940013874596&itm=1&usri=the+faberge+secret
ALL ROMANCE EBOOKS:
PUBLISHER'S LINK:


Giveaway: 
Leave a comment and I'll pick one lucky winner on 29 JULY to receive a print copy of The Faberge Secret. 

No comments:

Post a Comment