Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Getting out: The Cowboy Festival 2023

 


Hi everyone! It's been a while since I've had an opportunity to update my blog. Forgive my absence. Most of the time I was busy supporting my boys with Scouting, but that chapter of my life is over and I'm ready to open a new chapter with getting back to my writing, blogging, and marketing, with some occasional posts on personal growth, recipes, flowers, traveling, and general overall fun things I like to do. 

WRITING UDPATE:

I hope to have my short story, "Arrow Through the Heart" on the Amazon Kindle Unlimited format soon. I did a bit of an edit, but I didn't touch it up too much. It's summer based and focused on the 4th of of July, so it's a great read for summer and nice compliment to my other summer story, "Journey of the Heart."



BLOGGING:

Hope to be back on a more regular basis. A couple of weeks ago, I visited the local Cowboy festival. It was nice to get out again. The day was a bit sunny and a tad hot and I didn't really go prepared, but just getting out raised my vibes. The actual festival was compacted into a couple of blocks and it was a tad crowded, but I was happy. They had a Dutch oven peach cobbler booth, but the line was a forever line. I loved watching the blacksmith and the cowboy twirl his ropes. 



SELF PUBLISHING:

I hope to self-publish my back catalog in a more timely manner, starting with Arrow of the Heart. If anything, I wish there were 3 more hours added to the day.  If you have any marketing tips, send them my way. Right now I use Fussy Librarian to get the word out, but I'd love to learn more. 


SHARING A LITTLE TEASE from ARROW THROUGH THE HEART:

Ella's a tennis pro who wants to win. Logan's an easy going guy who loves his rural lifestyle.  When a stranger threatens Ella, will danger bring her closer to Logan or drive them apart? 


EXCERPT: 

Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire 

Ella strolled along the boardwalk next to the lake, exploring the shops. A store that sold beach gear caught her attention. Outside the door were several flyers and brochures in a display. After studying the flyers, she picked one up, and began reading it. Ella gnawed on her lower lip. Could she steady herself enough to allow the parachute to lift her? She stared at the parasailing brochure. The man on the front made it look easy, but if it was one thing she learned about life, it was that nothing came easy.

"Hey, you want to try it?" The deep, masculine voice startled Ella. She placed her hand over her chest to steady her heart.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you." He walked around to her side so she could see him. "I'm Logan Donovan."

Ella's breath jammed in her throat. Logan's wide smile and kind sky-blue eyes sparkled in the sun. Tall, broad-chested, and well-muscled, his stance radiated confidence. Men rarely snuck up on her, but Logan had, and he'd taken her breath away.



FIND ME AT:

WEBSITE:

http://www.stephanieburkhart.com/

FACEBOOK:

https://www.facebook.com/StephanieBurkhartAuthor/

AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE:

https://www.amazon.com/stores/Stephanie-Burkhart/author/B003R00R5I?ref=ap_rdr&store_ref=ap_rdr&isDramIntegrated=true&shoppingPortalEnabled=true


4RV PUBLISHING PAGE:

https://www.4rvpublishingcatalog.com/burkhart.php


YOUTUBE BOOK TEASER PAGE:

https://www.youtube.com/@botrina

No comments:

Post a Comment