Thursday, May 25, 2023

Enjoy the Strawberries! CA Strawberry Festival 2023!

Arts & Crafts 2023

  The California Strawberry Festival is Back!! One of my favorite festivals here in my neck of the woods in California is the Strawberry Festival.  I think I started going when the boys were little, I want to say about 2010 around that time.  I enjoy a good festival, and there's a little bit of everything at the Strawberry Festival - food, arts & crafts, strawberries, music, kiddie rides, and would could forget: The Strawberry Smoothie!

  In the past, the festival was held at Oxnard College in Oxnard, but every year it grew and grew and this year was the first year it was held at the Ventura County Fairgrounds, a venue that fit the growing event.  One of the first things I would do would be to buy the boys a smoothie and I would hunt down a margarita.  This year, my son shared a margarita with me.   How the time flies!


After out smoothies, we were usually on the hunt for Arts & Crafts.  You can usually find some great gems at Arts & Crafts and this year was no exception!  I found some "dangles" earrings - my favorite was Grinchy earrings and mini flip flops, but they had everything under the sun. I also discovered lemoncello chocolate almonds.  They were delicious! I didn't even know they were a thing! Now I know I can find them on Amazon! One year I got a really top with stretchy material that had a Paris theme. 

After visiting A&C, it was time to find a snack.  Usually I go for the Garlic Fries, but there's a whole variety of items such as strawberry tamales, nachos, turkey legs, corn dogs, and hamburgers. Garlic fries are my favorite because you can't get them all the time.  If there was space, we'd sit down and listen to the music.

Oxnard, 2019 

 If we had an opportunity, we'd take the kids to the kiddie area and take pictures with the mascots.  After that, it was time to find some flats and head home.  This year we had the cool opportunity to find  Tony's Pizza in Ventura - it was a local place with live music and the pizza crust was the best I've had in ages! 

 What I like about festivals is that it gets you out of the house, gives you an opportunity to explore and relax with no time constraints and you can always enjoy the strawberries!  What's your favorite festival?


 My story, Arrow Through the Heart is now available on Amazon unlimited.  

EXCERPT: 

Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire 

Ella strolled along the boardwalk next to the lake, exploring the shops. A store that sold beach gear caught her attention. Outside the door were several flyers and brochures in a display. After studying the flyers, she picked one up, and began reading it. Ella gnawed on her lower lip. Could she steady herself enough to allow the parachute to lift her? She stared at the parasailing brochure. The man on the front made it look easy, but if it was one thing she learned about life, it was that nothing came easy.

"Hey, you want to try it?" The deep, masculine voice startled Ella. She placed her hand over her chest to steady her heart.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you." He walked around to her side so she could see him. "I'm Logan Donovan."

Ella's breath jammed in her throat. Logan's wide smile and kind sky-blue eyes sparkled in the sun. Tall, broad-chested, and well-muscled, his stance radiated confidence. Men rarely snuck up on her, but Logan had, and he'd taken her breath away.



FIND ME AT:

WEBSITE:

http://www.stephanieburkhart.com/

FACEBOOK:

https://www.facebook.com/StephanieBurkhartAuthor/

AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE:

https://www.amazon.com/stores/Stephanie-Burkhart/author/B003R00R5I?ref=ap_rdr&store_ref=ap_rdr&isDramIntegrated=true&shoppingPortalEnabled=true


4RV PUBLISHING PAGE:

https://www.4rvpublishingcatalog.com/burkhart.php


YOUTUBE BOOK TEASER PAGE:

https://www.youtube.com/@botrina




No comments:

Post a Comment