Wednesday, April 1, 2015

New Release: 99 cent contemporary romance: Arrow Through the Heart #99centebook #newrelease



Welcome my new release: Arrow Through the Heart.  It's a short story, approx 12K (words) published with Victory Tales Press. It's available for 99 cents - a great deal!

BLURB: Summer vacation and the Fourth of July brings Ella to New Hampshire while participating in a tennis competition. Logan is an innkeeper's son who bumps into Ella and invites her for an ice cream. Attraction flares and they enjoy spending time together, but each has their own plans for their life. Then disaster strikes Ella. Can a summer attraction truly become a lasting relationship?


5 SHORT QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS FOR STEPHANIE:

#1: What inspired you to write the story?

STEPHANIE: When I think of summer, I think of being outdoors, so I wanted a major of the setting to be outdoors. I wanted Ella to be a strong heroine, one who was very self-confident, and I thought being an althete would give her that.  She's modeled after Maria Sharipova. I wanted my hero to be down-to-earth and very easy-going.  Logan really embodies that. 

#2: How long did it take?

STEPHANIE: It took about 6 weeks to write the story.  

#3: Why set the story in New Hampshire?

STEPHANIE: I come from the area so I'm familiar with it.  I did do some research about the lake and some on tennis. I always have fun researching.  Anyhoo... New England is a place where summer is a very distinctive season and I thought it was the best place for the story. 

#4: What makes this book special?

STEPHANIE: There's plenty of suspense and romance. Logan is a special kind of hero - just perfect for Ella. 

#5: How long have you been writing short stories for Victory Tales Press?


STEPHANIE: Since 2010 or 2011. My first story was "Christmas in Bayeux."  I like to travel to international locations in my short stories.  It's a nice escape and travel, especially around Christmas time. 

Reviews:

5 Stars, Maggie Toussaint, Amazon Reviewer: "A sweet novella about falling in love."

5 Stars, Reader Forever, Amazon Reviewer: "This is a well-written fast-paced novella that I read in a couple of hours. I love the idea of setting the story around a tennis tournament since we never miss tennis shows on TV. The characters are nicely developed and there is enough suspense to keep you hooked. Recommended read."

Author Bio:

Stephanie Burkhart was born and raised in Manchester, New Hampshire, but now calls California her home. She currently works for LAPD as a 911 Dispatcher. Stephanie has been writing since she was five, when she crafted homemade comic books on the kitchen table. Her previous stories with Victory Tales Press include: Christmas in Bayeux, Gifts, Feast of Candles, and Mr. Christmas Elf.   Stephanie enjoys coffee, adores chocolate and is currently the Den Leader for her son's Cub Scout Den.

Arrow Through the Heart is avail from Victory Tales Press as ebook.

BUY LINKS:

AMAZON: http://amzn.com/B00TJH0UT6

BARNES & NOBLE: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/arrow-through-the-heart-stephanie-burkhart/1121218765?ean=2940046574821

SMASHWORDS: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/518986

KOBO: 
https://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebook/arrow-through-the-heart-1


******If you are interested in reviewing the book, please send me an email at: Botrina_Buchanan@yahoo.com and I'll make arrangements with you to send you a review copy.****

No comments:

Post a Comment