Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy 2015! Got Resolutions? #newyearresolutions

"Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man." Benjamin Franklin



I'm up for a little peace. Heck, they were still looking for peace even in Ben Franklin's day.

With the new year, we're imbued with a sense of getting a fresh start. This hope usually inspires us to make a new years resolution – a promise to ourselves to do better or at least be a little kinder.

There a lot of historical new years resolutions traditions. The Babylonians promised to pay their debts and return borrow objects. The Romans made promises to their god, Janus. Medieval knights took a vow to reaffirm their chivalry.

I usually make a resolution, but I never make it past 31 Jan. I think I need to make more realistic resolutions. This year I'm going to stick with my weight watchers and try to get in more exercise. I want to eat more of a "Paleo" diet.  Who else eats a Paleo diet?  Any tips or suggestions?
 
Why do I make resolutions? I like the idea of self-improvement – of bettering myself. Who doesn't like that idea? Realistically though, I know it's probably a big challenge. I've got to buckle down. It's hard with my schedule, but hey, 2015 is the year of "Steph's Big Selfie" and I'm going to work on me.

Do you make resolutions? Why or Why not? If you could improve on one thing, what would it be?

I hope 2015 gets you off to a great start!

Smiles
Steph

Enjoy this fantasy romance:

The Green Rose
The Green Rose of Gaia is preserved in legends and myths. Can Sonia and Ivanstan find the truth in time to save their world?


5 Stars, "An Incredible Story." Joy Cagil, Amazon Reviewer
4 Stars, "Well written and engaging." Long and Short Reviews
4 Stars, "Enthralling" Fiction with flair, Amazon Reviewer.

Excerpt:She gestured toward the window. "I like to look at nature." "Why?"
"It's beautiful. It settles my soul."
He nodded his understanding and brushed past her, pushing the handle down and opening the glass door that led to the balcony. "Come."
She followed him. The spice and sandalwood of his scent made her stomach tingle. He placed his hands on the wooden rail and pointed toward the opposite shore. She stood next to him, finding the view perfect.
"Draco and the dragons are in a cave over there. Draco assures me Hendrik's dragon will recover, but he needs rest."
"I'm relieved, but what about your father's dragon?"
"The reptilian mind is resilient. Draco and Tristan will help Asura create several mental blocks so my father's absence in her mind won't confuse her."
"That's good to hear." She glanced around, marveling at the façade of the keep. "How did you come to carve the castle into the cliff?"




Buy Links:

Barnes & Noble:http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-green-rose-stephanie-burkhart/1109853031?ean=2940014183239

ALL ROMANCE EBOOKS:






3 comments:

  1. I don't make resolutions, but I do make a list of to-dos. Probably they're the same things as resolutions, but I just don't call them that. One resolution, I guess, would be to learn the Roman Numerals. I still get those mixed up on crossword puzzles. I wish you all the best in this new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My New Year's resolutions are the same I have all year round: Get more books done, get readers to read them, get my house in order, and try to lead a calm life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having Problems FOLLOWING with the Paleo Diet?

    Want to eat some delicious recipes as soon as TONIGHT?

    Check out the: Paleo Hacks Cookbook.

    ReplyDelete