Friday, April 23, 2010

Welcome Guest Author - Celia Yeary


Celia Yeary is a friend of mine from the Book Spa Friends Group who enjoys writing westerns. Celia lives in Texas and she's here today to talk about her book, "Texas Blue." Welcome Celia!

BLURB FOR TEXAS BLUE:

When Buck Cameron finally found Marilee Weston and her young daughter, he believed the pretty, young woman did not fit the character description he was given. The County Judge back home said she was not fit to raise the child, who he claimed was his. Now Buck faced a dilemma. Should he disobey orders and rescue both of them from isolation? He would, because there wasn’t enough money in the world to exchange for a child. All he had to do was convince Marilee of his good intentions—she and her daughter would safe be with him in Nacogdoches.

Rejected and abandoned by her father, Marilee Weston let the pain of betrayal make her strong. Now, she needed a way out of the forest, where she had lived for five years. But the towering pines and fear of the unknown imprisoned her, and loneliness and heartbreak suffocated her. How could she find a new life for herself and young daughter? She couldn’t. Not without help. But would this alluring stranger free her, or prove to be even more dangerous?



BIO:
Celia Yeary is a seventh-generation Texan, and her life revolves around family and friends—and writing. San Marcos has been her home for thirty-five years. She has written three romance novels for a small press, essays for Texas Co-op Power magazine, and several different topics for her weekly blog. She also writes women’s fiction and hopes a publisher comes along who likes these stories, too.
The author is a former science teacher, graduate of Texas Tech University and Texas State, mother of two, grandmother of three, and wife of a wonderful, supportive Texan. Celia and her husband enjoy traveling, and both are involved in their church, the community, and the university as retired faculty.

celiayeary@yahoo.com
www.celiayeary.com
www.celiayeary.blogspot.com


EXCERPT-TEXAS BLUE:

At this, he turned on the step to look up at her with his eyes narrowed. “And we had one hell of a night, didn’t we? Or maybe you didn’t. Now that I think on it, that didn’t make any impression on you. You know what it feels like, Marilee, to be made a fool? It hurts. Gut-level pain. Stupidly, I honestly thought you wanted me just like I wanted you. I’d fallen so in love with you, I firmly believed I could make you love me, too. Then what did you do? Slapped me right down from my lofty feelings.”

“Buck, I…”

“Don’t placate, me, Marilee. I got the message, loud and clear. Finally. You were right. I do have a thick skull. Takes me a while to see the real picture.”

His words struck deep, into her soul. Now, she realized how much he truly loved her, and she knew in her heart, he could overlook all of her shortcomings. He started to rise, and gently, she placed her hand on his arm to keep him in place.

“My darling,” she whispered. She felt his muscles tense. “Please forgive me. I am undoubtedly the most stupid woman on the face of the earth. Now, you have to answer this question.”

With a disbelieving look, he stared at her. She heard him breath slowly and deeply. Still as stone, he looked into her eyes and waited.

“I have six dollars saved. I have a daughter, soon to be five. I have a few clothes, but they’re all castoffs. That’s all that I have in this world. Except for one more thing. I have so much love for you, I will go anywhere with you, that is, if you still want me. And I…”

He cut her words off with a hard kiss, an open-mouthed, devouring kiss. He pulled her up, around the church, and between two Rose of Sharon bushes. He pushed her against the clapboard siding of the building, placed his hands flat on the wall, and pressed his body into hers.

“Damn, honey. You’ve about killed me.”

Texas Blue is available at Amazon for KINDLE: http://www.amazon.com/Texas-Blue-ebook/dp/B00365FIRG

Wild Rose Press: http://www.thewildrosepress.com/celia-yeary-m-366.html

16 comments:

  1. THANK YOU, Steph! You are such a good friend--as well as a very talented author--and I appreciate your invitation to show off my newest release, Texas Blue. This is a simple love story with a complicated plot. I do love lots of characters, and sometimes I become totally immersed in almost one too many! My goal for my heorine, Marilee, was for her to move from her fear and lonliness to become a new woman--one who is strong and determined and courageous. I hope readers will enjoy her story, along with her hero, Buck. He's one of the good guys. Celia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rut Ro, Celia,

    you said a cuss word, LOL. What ran through my head about then was Rhett and Scarlet. Wonder why that happens? Congrats. And yes your love of cowboys and Texas comes through

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celia, I'm glad to have you here today, Sweetie! What a kiss! hehe.

    Smiles
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Celia, what a great excerpt, down to earth and yet full of passion. This is a book I can't wait to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. TINA-yes,that's why I can't write Inspirational--believe me, I've tried. But my characters are too ornery! Thanks--Celia

    ReplyDelete
  6. MONA--Thank you! It is full od passion--the good, the bad, and the ugly, but true love came through!!! Celia

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an emotional scene, Celia. Wow. I love how honest he is with his feelings. Puts them right out there, take it or leave it. Good job!

    Liana Laverentz
    www.lianalaverentz.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Liana--thanks. That means a lot to me. That's my hero--one honest man. Celia (That sounds like a good title for a book.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. SIGH..."Damn, honey. You've about killed me." What a great line, Celia. I love this excerpt. Can't wait to read this--looks sooooo good. I'm glad you are HOME!

    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Celia - One Honest Man - that's a great title for your next book!

    Smiles
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  11. CHERYL--If you like it, it must be good! Thanks bunches!And I'm glad I'm home, too--one trip was great fun, the other trip was nice, just one of those family things you must do. I felt good, though, seeing such wonderful, elderly relatives who still have that spark. Celia

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read Texas Blue and it's a fantastic book. Here's a review I posted at Amazon (I need to get one posted at The Wild Rose Press, too)

    Celia Yeary wrote a blockbuster of a story. Marilee Weston is a larger than life character. I was stunned with how she survived at such a young age when abandoned by her father. She was only fourteen years old when her father's friend raped her. Marilee's reserved father takes her to an isolated place to live and to give birth to a baby girl. He never visits her or gives her any love. He blames her for his friend's assault. Marilee is filled with warmth, strength, savvy and soft-heartedness. I felt like I was in Texas because of Yeary's descriptions of the scenery. Buck Cameron is a vibrant and wonderful hero. There are several secondary characters that add to the richness of this book.

    I highly recommend this historical western romance. I'm looking forward to reading future books by this author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I forgot to mention that I love lots of characters, too. In one of my stories, my editor asked me to cut a few. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. DIANE! My goodness, I'm so pleased. I'll thank you again for this wonderful review--so others will know how much I appreciate it.
    It's funny how characters multiply, isn't it? We must be two of a kind. Love you, Celia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful, melting excerpt, Celia! And what a cover to match that wonderful writing!

    Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you, Lindsay--glad you stopped by. Celia

    ReplyDelete