Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Romantic Budapest




I thought I'd share some thoughts on Romantic Budapest. Above is the Szechanyi Bridge, the Bridge on the cover of "The Hungarian."






Then here's Fisherman Bastian. Construction was completed in 1902. It's a 1 1/2 wall on Buda Hill near the Castle District and looks down on the Danube. The seven towers represent the 7 Maygar tribes that settled Budapest.













Then there's the King Castle in the Castle District during Nighttime.













This is the parliament building in a view taken from the Pest side. The buidling was completed in 1896 and is on the Pest side of the city.





2 comments:

  1. Oh my, I have to visit Budapest. It looks even more beautiful than Prague with this bridge and palace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for popping in, Mona. I've been to Prague - both cities capture an Eastern European feel to them. I highly recommend Budapest. It's gorgeous and, for the most part, most will speak English.

    Smiles
    Steph

    ReplyDelete