Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Promo - An Excerpt from "The Hungarian"



Beware - the wolf is coming.

My paranormal romance, "The Hungarian" releases on 1 MAY with Desert Breeze Publishing so I thought I'd share an excerpt with you. In this scene, Matthias and Katherine are talking in the gardens. It's late June and Katherine is celebrating her birthday. Enjoy! Steph

***

The moon crested the treetops, bathing him in its light. He flinched from the unexpected blast of heat. His muscles tensed throughout his entire body.

"What's wrong?" Katherine placed her hands on his chest.

"The moon's just risen." Matthias lifted his head, his eyes cutting to the east. His hands fell over hers. Pleasure flooded his body as they touched. A half moon with a slight concave arc came into view.

"It's waxing," she said.

"Ah, Diana, goddess of the moon, very good."

It grew silent. Matthias trapped her stare with his own. His hands calmed. "There are times I love being outdoors, and there are times I take no pleasure in it."

"How sad. Right now is perfect."

He gave an odd half-laugh, half-lament. Then he paused, remembering Lazlo's words. Feeling her so close to him now gave him hope. Yes, despite his condition, he wanted more of her. "I suppose it is. I would like the opportunity to call on you tomorrow."

"What did you have in mind?"

"Would you like to go riding?"

"I haven't been riding in ages. It should be fun."


*********
The Hungarian will be available at Desert Breeze, All Romance Books, and Amazon for Kindle 1 MAY

No comments:

Post a Comment