Friday, July 5, 2024

Health Topic: Drink your Greens




I’ve always heard the ads on radio – “drink your greens”  - it really helps.  At first I "pish- pished" it but as I’ve gotten older and the body has gotten “achier” I’ve been willing to try different, homeopathicish kinda’ stuff.  I used bromelain which I love but that another post. I also take the stuff for the joints whichI  get from Costco. Back to greens.

 

Honestly, I don’t get enough greens so I thought I’d try a “Drink your greens” product. There’s a TON out there.  Which one to get?  Now, I get some items from ROOT Brands, Clean Slate, Sculpt, Restore, so I thought I’d try them. Their greens are “ReLive Greens.”  OMG it tasted awful. I tried to take them – I gave it 2 days. I couldn’t get past the taste. 

 

Then I heard an ad for Brickhouse Nutrition and the “Wildberry” flavor.  Okay – flavored greens. I think I can do that. I ordered it. I think it was $65.00 after a discount. And this time I bought Propel water – the berry one. I mixed up 8 oz of Propel and a scoop of Wildberry and went for it.  The taste was definitely better.  It’s still kinda’ ick but not so much.  I can drink it. 

 

And since my body has extra aches and aging pains (56 is no joke) I thought I’d drink one 8 oz in the morning and one 8 oz at night. Let me tell you.  I can definitely feel a difference. There’s a lot less aches and pains and I feel like I have more mobility in the joints. 

 

Now Brickhouse claims that greens boost the immune system, aid with detoxing (and after my massage that I got on the cruise, I was told I need all the detoxing I can get) increase energy level, and support a healthy metabolism. It’s vegan and organic. The only down side is I think it’s a tad pricy but since I feel overall better, I’m not complaining. I’ll take it. 

 

I’d say the claims are spot on. I do feel an increased energy level. I’m going to keep drinking my greens.  Let’s see where it goes. I started in April. I stopped on the cruise, but I’m back now.  I’ll give you guys an update in a few.  


Anyone else drink their greens? 


********


Check out my latest release: The Wolf's Torment













Blurb: It's 1865 and Lady Theresa travels from Austria to Moldavia, a country haunted by tales of vampires and werewolves. She's going to marry the Crown Prince, but she harbors her own unspoken secrets.


Prince Mihai has just returned to Moldavia to embrace his witching heritage. He's intent on being a good husband and modernizing his country, but he must find a balance with his supernatural lineage. His best friend, Viktor, accompanies Mihai and marries Mihai's sister. In an unfortunate twist of fate, a werewolf bites Viktor.

Viktor's transformation threatens everyone around him, including his wife's safety and Mihai's happiness, but he's especially dangerous when he's near Theresa. Can Mihai save his family from Viktor's lies and deceptions?


 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment