Saturday, January 7, 2017

Looking Back at 2016 #newyear

Well, 2016 was a busy year for me. I didn't get a chance to do a lot of writing, but boy did I get out in nature.  

This picture is from JAN 2016.  The family went hiking out to the MASH TV show set which is at Malibu Creek State park.  The sky was overcast, but it was a fun hike. 




This is from early in the year.  The boys and I like to go Castaic Lake with our friends, Inna and Marika and BBQ.  Back in 2012, the lake was much higher. Now, because of the drought, it's not as full.  We don't mind. It's about the views. 




We went to Yosemite while the boys were on Spring Break in April.  You can never take a bad picture in Yosemite. Here's Andrew admiring the falls. 





Later on in April, I participated in a scouting event.  The family and I backpacked out to Bear Trap in the Los Padres National Forest.  I loved the experience, but I didn't pack appropriately and I was cold. 





Every year I like to visit the Strawberry Festival, it's usually held in May at Oxnard College in Ventura.  It's all about the strawberries. They have best strawberry margaritas and garlic fries!




In late May, I went to back to New Hampshire and spent time with my family after my grandmother passed away. It was good to see them again.  



Taken at Hampton Beach, NH.  I always enjoy visiting. I have fond memories of Aunt Sue playing with me on the beach as a young girl.  Here is my friend, Karen and sister, Christine.




Joe meeting his cousins for the 1st time. 



The family went camping in Northern California. We hiked and hiked.  Here's a picture of a banana slug. 



Our favorite place to go during the summer - Hurrican Harbor. 




Magic Mountain is only 5 minutes away. Lots of fun to visit during the Christmas holidays. 





I read the tearling series by Erika Johansen and loved it.  I'm on book 17 for the Stephanie Plum series. I miss Prince, George Michael and Carrie Fisher. Without a doubt 2016 was a year of change.  My family lost granny, and the entertainment industry took a big hit with a lot of favorite singers/performaners passing away. There was the presidental election - more change with Donald Trump.  Here's 2017 is a year of healing.


ENJOY THIS LOOK at Journey of the Heart: 99 cents vintage romance:





Blurb: Set in Sonoma, CA in 1946, can James help Rachel save her winery or will he drift out of her life the same way he drifted in?

12, 5 Star Reviews on Amazon
The story was compelling and not boring, which is often a stereotype of sweet romances. I would recommend this short sweetie of a story. Good job, author. - Angel E

Excerpt: 
"Your case threatened to run away, so I bribed it." Her sweet expression was an arrow through his heart. 

"Really? What did you bribe it with?" He wiped the sweat off his brow with a handkerchief, caused from a combination of the summer heat and lifting the heavy cases. 

"A job."

He hooked his thumb toward his chest. "Are you offering me a job, Miss Santori?"

BUY LINK: http://amzn.com/B008G1JI6C















2 comments:

  1. Happy new year, Stephanie. May it be productive and prosperous for you.

    'Sweet' seems to be the perfect description. Lovely scene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a busy and fun 2016, Steph!

    ReplyDelete