Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Book Review Tuesday: Wishful Drinking by Carrie Fisher #bookreview #carriefisher


Book Review for: Wishful Drinking
Written by: Carrie Fisher
Simon and Schuster Publishing
ISBN: 978-1-4391-5380-2
I read: the ebook
 
4.5 Stars
 
Totally Entertaining!
 
Carrie Fisher pens an entertaining look at her life in Hollywood with “Wishful Drinking.” Filled with ups and downs, Carrie takes the reader on a journey through life heartfelt humor.
 
Fisher starts with a look at her parents and takes the reader though her journey of adolescence. She talks about the impact of Star Wars on her life, reoccurring themes in her life, her loves, her loses, drug use, and how her bipolar diagnosis has affected her life. 
 
Fisher reveals that she wrote “Wishful Drinking” to reclaim what was left of her former life. Her writing style is easy to read and sincere. The novel is filled with humor and honesty.  I felt like a welcomed friends as I read her memoir. 
 
Fisher shares pictures and tidbits of her life which is a true delight for the reader. 
 
“Wishful Drinking” is a heartfelt memoir, deserving of Carrie’s fans. I picked up the book when I heard Fisher had a cardiac episode and I’m so glad I got to her before she passed away.  This is Carrie Fisher, raw, honest, sincere, candid, and the princess of our hearts.  I highly recommend this book. 

Question for you: what is your favorite Carrie Fisher movie or book? 

2 comments:

  1. I guess Star Wars will always have a special place in my heart as I remember the first one coming out when I was a child. I love When Harry Met Sally and Hanna and her Sisters too. I've read three of her books and like the three (I must put this one on my list), but perhaps Surrender the Pink, as I didn't know what to expect and I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the pleasure, during my acting career, of singing with Carrie Fisher during a break of When Harry Met Sally. Her voice, gifted from both parents, so lovely it melted the cast for those moments.

    ReplyDelete