Monday, August 2, 2010

Excerpt Monday - The Giving Meadow



The Giving Meadow is my first children's book and my first book with 4RV Publishing. It's beautifully illustrated by Stephen Macquignon.

The Blurb:
The Giving Meadow is about a caterpillar who hatches from his egg in the middle of a meadow. As he travels through the meadow, he meets new friends who learn the value of sharing.

EXCERPT:

One sunny day in the meadow, a small little egg blew in on a gentle breeze. It wiggled on the grass. It rocked. The eggshell cracked and out popped a small, flully caterpillar.

The caterpillar was hungry. He looked around the meadow. There was a frog sitting on a lilly pad in a small pond. Next to the frog was a bowl of fresh water. The caterpillar crawled over to the frog.

"Mr. Frog, do you have anything to eat?" asked the caterpillar.

"I'm hungry myself. I've been looking for some flies, but I can't find any," said the Frog.

"Do you have anything at all? I just popped out of my shell."

"All I have is this fresh bowl of water," said the Frog.

"Can I have a sip, please?" asked the caterpillar.

"This is all the fresh water I have," said the Frog.

The caterpillar looked sad. "That's okay, I'll go somewhere else."

"Wait," said the frog. "You can have my bowl of water. I can make another bowl from the pond water later."

"Thank you," said the Caterpillar. He drank out of the bowl.

The frog smiled. He felt happy because he had shared his bowl of water with the caterpillar.

*****

Reviews:

5 Stars, Reader Review, Cybriran, Barnes & Noble:
Ms. Burkhart's charming tale is one little ones will want to hear over and over again and they will be enchanted by the adorable illustrations from the talented illustrator, Stephen Macquignon.

5 Stars, Reader Review, RmceWtr, Barnes & Noble:
What a lovely childrens' book! This is a sweet little story about giving when you don't know if you'll get anything in return, sharing what you have because you have it to share.

5 Stars, Regina Andrew, author of Destiny's Designs
In the beautifully-illustrated children's book "The Giving Meadow", author Stephanie Burkhart presents her readers with a charming fable about kindness and sharing.

5 Stars, Tami Dee, author of The Mists of Time Viking Series
The Giving Meadow, by Stephanie Burkhart, received the highest compliment that a children's author can receive when, after reading this story to my four year old granddaughter, she immediately said. "Again."

5 Stars, Beth Reinke, author of "In My Bath"
Toddlers and preschoolers will love to snuggle up before nap or at bedtime to hear this soothing story read to them. The adorable, brightly-colored illustrations will charm readers of all ages.


Buy Link:http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Giving-Meadow/Stephanie-Burkhart/e/9780982588697/?itm=1&USRI=The+Giving+Meadow

No comments:

Post a Comment