Sunday, October 24, 2021

Made in America

 With rumminations of a shortage coming up, I thought I'd feature "Made in America" products.  I'll be featuring Made in America products along with Mom and Pop American stores, 1 a week for you to consider.  If you have any suggestions for a featured product, please drop me a line! 


PRODUCT:  QUILTED NORTHERN

 

What is it:  Toilet Paper

 

Where is it made:  Ft. Edward, New York (1 location I can find) by United Steel Workers Union 4-2.

 

Owned by:  Georgia Pacific

 

Address of Georgia Pacific:  133 Peachtree St. NE, Atlanta, GA 30303 

 

Georgia Pacific is owned by Koch Industries. Koch is a privately held multinational conglomerate based in Wichita, Kansas. 

 


Follow the Money check:

Info gleaned from https://www.followthemoney.org


Supports a majority of conservative candidates.

 

Money was given to Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders but from individuals and not from the Organization. 

 

Koch gave to the 2 “defeated” senators from Georgia, David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler. 

 

Grants have been given to help fund public school robotics and reading programs, college scholarships, job training initiatives, equipment for local fire departments, conversation projects (Wisconsin’s Trees for Tomorrow) and educational programs for young, female and minority entrepreneurs. Grants have supported local chapters of charitable organizations including Habitat for Humanity, United Way and the Salvation Army. 

 

They have a program called “Acts of Comfort” 

The 10 Acts of Comfort

Comfort Cases: Backpacks with comfort items for foster kids.

A Friend of Mind: Offers free yoga and meditation services to youth to combat mental illness and eliminate mental health stigma.

Bow Wows & Meows: Hospice nurse helps shelter animals get exposure and get adopted.

Haute Healing Foundation: Giving makeovers to chronically ill, homeless and disadvantaged youth.

Everyone On: Computers and Wi-Fi for families in need.​​

Veggielution: Volunteers cultivate and grow crops which are then donated to the hungry.

One Warm Coat: Provides free coats to any person in need (adults and children) through coat drives.

My Block, My Hood, My City: Introduces teenagers to places in their own city they’ve never seen or experienced—showing them that their block should not be a boundary.

Education Through Music: Work with schools to implement music programs as part of the schools’ curriculum.

Danny’s Farm: Special animals for special kids with autism.

 

My thoughts:  I’m looking to buy Made in America products and I’m glad I found Quilted Northern.  The TP is soft enough for me. I’m glad to support.  As to where they spend their money, it’s mostly conservative candidates and I’m happy with that. 

I recommend this product!! 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment