Monday, February 13, 2017

Hearts & Flowers - Valentines & Cards

Roses, free image, Credit: Dreamstime

Tomorrow is Valentines Day! It's a day filled with warm hearts, lots of chocolate, romantic dinners, foil balloons, cards, and yes, roses. Why do you give roses? Or why do you like to receive roses?  For me, receiving roses is how I can tell the person giving them is truly thinking of me. Mainly, I like how roses smell -- divine.

I hope you have a great Valentines day.  Here are some facts about roses:


Roses have been with us over 35 million years.

Napoleon's wife, the Empress Josephine, was a well known rose breeder.

Rose water is used in baklava.

Roses are a minor source of vitamin C.

The Rose Bowl is the oldest bowl. It was first played in 1902.

Cleopatra used roses to seduce Marc Antony.

The oldest blooming rose bush is in Germany. It's over 1,000 years old.

Question for you:  How do you like to spend Valentines Day? This year, I'll be sharing cards with my boys and sharing Lindt Strawberry Crème truffles with them.

Enjoy this short romance:  Journey of the Heart:



Blurb: Set in Sonoma, CA in 1946, can James help Rachel save her winery or will he drift out of her life the same way he drifted in?

13, 5 Star Reviews on Amazon

The story was compelling and not boring, which is often a stereotype of sweet romances. I would recommend this short sweetie of a story. Good job, author. - Angel E

Excerpt: 
"Your case threatened to run away, so I bribed it." Her sweet expression was an arrow through his heart. 

"Really? What did you bribe it with?" He wiped the sweat off his brow with a handkerchief, caused from a combination of the summer heat and lifting the heavy cases. 

"A job."

He hooked his thumb toward his chest. "Are you offering me a job, Miss Santori?"

BUY LINK: http://amzn.com/B008G1JI6C



No comments:

Post a Comment