Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving! A Photo Essay



Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! 2015 is almost done and I wanted to share what I was thankful for. I thought I'd take a different approach, using a photo essay and some facts about the holiday.

Of course the #1 thing I'm thankful for:  Turkey!


If it wasn't for turkey, what would the holiday be like?  The first Thanksgiving in 1621 between the Wampanoag Native American Indians and the Piligrims included venison, fish, lobster, clams, squash, berries, fruit and pumpkin.  Turkeys were plenty, but can you imagine the main feast with venison? 


Of course I'm thankful for pie. Blueberry is my favorite. 


I'm thankful for my family. They're a bunch of fun. 


Yankee Candles.  They remind me of home and I got my killer clam chowder recipe from them.


which leads me to Clam Chowder.  This is from the Splash Cafe in Pismo Beach!


I'm thankful for my New England Patriots.  Gronkowski is a my favorite player. :)  Next to Julian Edelman. Thanksgiving wouldn't be the same without football. 


I'm thankful for having some really great friends!  


I'm thankful for coffee and starting my day off right.


I'm thankful that my writing, including my children's stories have been published.


I'm thankful for Grumpy Cat.  Grumpy Cat always makes me laugh! 


Castaic Lake. I always enjoy taking a walk around the lake.


For being involved in Cub Scouts and helping the boys see the world through another lens.


Work friends.  They make the load lighter.


Walking for Alzheimers with some great people!



What are you thankful for? 










4 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for clam chowder, too, Stephanie. I grew up close to Bodega Bay (where Hitchcock filmed the birds) and never get enough of the yummy stuff.

    I am thankful for all the blessing that have been bestowed on me. My family has always been a blessing. It now includes those I love enough to consider my children of my heart. I am thankful we moved from California to Northern Wisconsin. This morning our swans returned to the river behind our home. I can look out my office window and watch these beautiful gifts. I am thankful for Gail and Jenifer for giving me my dream and Gwen for making those gorgeous covers. I am SO thankful for my writing partner who has turned my writing around and made me a better writer. And, I will add one more - for my hubby who married me 47 years ago on December 8th, four days after returning from Vietnam.

    Bless you and your family today. Enjoy your feast. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paisley, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. Clam Chowder is the best, isn't it? hehehe.

      I can't thank Gail & Jennifer enough. Jennifer has done most of my covers and she's done a great job with them. Congrats on 47 great years with your husband. Enjoy the day!

      Delete
  2. I am thankful for all I have in life. My thought is this 'it is not how much you have or what you have that matters; what matters is with who you share what you have.'
    I am thankful to have a wonderful person in my life...my husband who is my best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving Stephanie. I'm thankful for many of the same things you are. I hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete