Saturday, February 11, 2012

Weight Loss Week #4 - 29 JAN - 11 FEB


The Superbowl is evil.

But I have hope for Valentines Day.

Actually, I'm excited. I've lost 5 pounds so far and I can definately feel it around the middle. Unfortunately, Superbowl sidetracked me - if only for a day or two. I thought I'd be smart and go to work, thus avoiding all the evil tempting food. Work held a potluck.

I'd like to think I did well with my portion control, but when I stepped on the scale, my mouth dropped to the floor in shock. I looked the horror in the eyes and decided to fight back. After all, I am paying for this.

The next day, I went to the gym and earned 10 activity points, keeping to the points allowed for the day. Two days later, I had recovered from my superbowl gaffe.

So that did this teach me? When the going gets tough, buckle down and look the ugly right in the eye. Okay, I had a bad day. I can have better days and recover. And I did. You can't avoid the scale. Damn thing is lingering like a dust bunny under the bed. You need to be accountable no matter how ugly it is.

So what am I doing to do for for Valentines Day? Keep it low key. (Thankfully, I don't have to work.) My husband is working, but he usually gets me flowers. A card would be nice. A nip of chocolate would bring a smile to my face. I think its important to show my boys how to be thoughtful on Valentines. So far I'm having a good week. Looking forward to the next 2 weeks. My goal. Keep the fruits up and keep working out.

I'd love to hear what works for you, thoughts, comments, frustrations. I'm here.

No comments:

Post a Comment