Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Announcing my latest release - The Count's Lair


I'd like to announce my latest release, "The Count's Lair," Book Two in the Budapest Moon Series, with Desert Breeze Publishing.

The Count's Lair is a paranormal romance set during Christmastime in Budapest, Hungary 1901.

Here's the BLURB:

Count Anton Varga is haunted by the curse of the moon. It tugs on his emotions, ravishing his soul. Anton abhors the beast he must learn to tame if he is to find peace. 

Lady Amelia Andrássy is an accomplished pianist, but her life in Budapest had been filled with heartache. When Amelia faints in the Duma's bookstore, it's Anton's strong arms that cradle her fall. His unusual indigo eyes spark with hers, replacing their individual loneliness with the promise of feral passion. 

After a two month separation, Anton is ready to walk into Amelia's life again, but is Amelia ready to fan the spark they shared into a flame? 


ENJOY THIS EXCERPT:

No snow had fallen yet, but the frost was thick in the morning, the air was cold, and the perennials were bare. Snow would soon follow; he didn't doubt that. He would have to be careful not to let Amelia stay out in the cold too long. Even though she was well dressed, she would get colder faster than he would. They finally turned down a dirt road with a group of evergreen trees on the side. Anton directed Tomas to park on the shoulder of the road.

An abundance of evergreens in all shapes and sizes dotted the wood line. Anton got out and opened Amelia's door. She stood and stretched her legs. He pulled an axe out of the trunk and looked at Bryant.

"Do you mind staying here with Tomas? We won't be long, and the auto will keep you warm."

Bryant looked at Amelia, who nodded. "We'll wait here."

Tomas got back into the auto and turned it on. Amelia stayed beside Anton, and they walked into the woods. He balanced the axe on his
shoulder as if it were a toothpick. While it looked heavy, Anton's unusual strength allowed him to pick it up with ease. They walked into a small clearing surrounded by the trees.

"What size tree do you want?" she asked.

"A medium-sized one, I think. I have a tall ceiling in the den, but I don't want the tree to dominate the room."

"Sounds reasonable."

He slowly walked around the clearing, eyeing the trees. "Do you want me to cut down a tree for you as well?"

She grinned. "How will you get two trees back?"

"I'll return for your tree tomorrow."

"Just pick out yours, Anton. I'll have Bryant get one for me."

Anton looked at her. "Let me be the one to help you with your tree."

"I'm sorry. I'm just so used to depending on Bryant."

"You like the man?"

She softened. "He's like a father to me."

"Really?"

"He taught me Hungarian. He's taught me a lot about Hungary, actually."

"I'm sorry. I suppose I was jealous for a second." He looked at the trees just past her shoulder, as if embarrassed.

Amelia walked over to him and stepped into his personal space. "Bryant is a loyal servant and a good friend, nothing more."

"I see."

Anton's eyes found hers, and her aura flamed up, casting a white shadow over her cloak. Her jasmine perfume infused him with desire. "I could stay here with you all day."

"I'd catch a cold," Amelia said.

"I would put my arms around you and keep you warm."

She raised a curious eyebrow. "All day?"

"I can think of nothing else I'd rather do."

THE COUNT'S LAIR is available as ebook with Kindle, B&N Nook, Kobo, and Sony Ereader.

Here's a link to the Publisher's Website:
http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-142/Stephanie-Burkhart-Budapest-Moon/Detail.bok

Here's a link to the Book Trailer on You Tube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaiYNNpETok


FIND ME ON THE WEB AT:
BLOG:
http://sgcardin.blogspot.com

WEBSITE:
http://sgcardin.tripod.com

FACEBOOK:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1357922219

1 comment: